Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Want to Look Like This

It's only been a week since I posted that my goal was to be grateful for what I have, rather than wishing for things that I can't have or do. I broke my own promise last night. I sat down and looked through my favorite magazine, "Anthropologie".

I wanted to look like the model pictured here. I wanted those clothes. I added up the prices for the sweater, t and slacks, and it came to $334.

I found a similar sweater, t and slacks at the Wandering Wardrobe, and dressed 'Gert', our new 'mannequin'. Although she doesn't have the Anthropologie model's fair skin, blonde hair and swan-like neck, you get the picture. Gert's outfit, including sweater, slacks and t, totals $53.00. And since we're having our "Kickin' Off the Holiday 20% off Sale", it comes to only $43.40.

At 5'2", there's no way I'm going to look as wonderful in that outfit as the Anthropologie model, or even Gert, but I'm feeling pretty good about that almost $300 I saved.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Gert is not quite as hot as Wanda...but she's looking darn good in her WW outfit and just think she can go to the spa with that extra $300 she saved!

Patty said...

Can you tell by her rather large shoulders that Gert is a swimmer?

Glancing Girl said...

ooohhh....I love Anthropologie! And I *adore* this cute ensemble you put together...inspired by Anthro!

Patty said...

Hi Nancy! I'm still wishing I could get to Corvallis to see the Annex! One day I will.

Unknown said...

I just love Gert's get-up...I came across a card that a customer wrote her sizes on...she added "Please remember I have broad shoulders". Although Gert is a bit bony, I think her sweater might fit my customer, judging from those shoulders.

have a great day,
kate

The Everyday Housewife said...

I came in today and saw Gert. Fantastic outfit!! Much better than Anthropologie. Thanks for the fun sale. I'll be back!!