Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Might Have a Use for this One Day

My friend Claudia and I were laughing about how we both buy bits of ribbon and fabric, not to mention all kinds of other things, thinking we may find a use for it one day.

One of my friends gets rid of an item every time she buys something. Good idea in theory, but an idea I just can't seem to grasp. Lately, I've been trying to go through our house and find things I don't really need or want, but it's a very hard concept for me. I like stuff. I just do.

This past week, Kenny and I decided we'd procrastinated long enough, and cleaned our storage room. Most of that stuff I haven't seen for years and years. We laughed and cried a little as we looked at all the little dresses, books, and toys, and made comments about our girls playing with the toys, or enjoying the books, or looking so pretty in the tiny dresses. I kept a few things for our girls, but most of the stuff we haven't used, or even looked at for so long, we tossed in the back of Kenny's truck.
Most of it, except books, was too old to sell in the store, but still good. We took it to Mary, a good friend who single-handedly helps hundreds of local families at Christmas, and all through the year. We now have a mostly empty storage room, we helped Mary cross things off her list, and most importantly, helped some kids have a little better Christmas.

Which brings me to the real subject of this blog: If you know someone who needs help for Christmas, please call the Wandering Wardrobe. We'll call Mary and she'll get in touch with you. Or, if you want to help Mary, please call us about that too. She can use toys, clothing, and books. You can also deposit money in her Sub for Santa account.

If you already have a Sub for Santa family, please remember that the Wandering Wardrobe has all kinds of stocking stuffers, and even stockings to stuff.









1 comment:

Kenna said...

Such typical behavior of you--always thinking of others!! I'm glad the storage room got cleaned out. What a good feeling.