Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A few years ago, before life got so hectic, I used to bake homemade gingersnaps for my very favorite people. Then I'd agonize over the perfect container - something to fit the personality of every friend. I remember scurrying all over town trying to find an antique jar, bowl, or plate that was just right for each gift.

Most of the time, I'd defeat the purpose of making homemade presents with the money I spent on containers. I wish there had been a Wandering Wardrobe then. If you're baking cookies or other homemade treats for your special friends, we have such a wonderful assortment of baskets, tins, and boxes - even an enormous crystal vase - wouldn't that be fun to fill with cookies! It makes me want to bake gingersnaps again - finding a container would be a snap!

Now that we've figured out gifts for your friends, what about you? Kenny has just finished the most amazing piece - just in time for you to put on your Christmas list. Can't you picture placing this wonderful old secretary in a quiet corner, and having a special place to write your grocery lists, or maybe hand-write some thank you notes or recipe cards? A special place just for YOU. Kenny's painted it cream, and distressed it just a little for that time-worn look. He hand waxed the little cubbies, and it smells DIVINE. I can barely stand to part with it.







1 comment:

Kenna said...

Do you have your recipe for gingersnaps? I was thinking that I'd bake some for my co-workers this year.