Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ever Wonder Where Your Wardrobe Wandered?

I like to think about the people who used to own the possessions I love, and I wonder sometimes about the things I used to own. I know that one of my very favorite customers owns part of my old rooster collection. I know who owns two or three of the really amazing pieces of old furniture that Kenny refurbished and painted.

Mostly, though, I don’t know who is wearing the clothes I sold, or enjoying the home décor I once owned. Is that a strange thing to wonder, or do you wonder too?

One of our customers called recently and said that she had recently purchased a beautiful dress at the Wandering Wardrobe, and wore it to a wedding in California. When she told the other guests where she purchased her dress, several of them told her that they had ties to Utah, and had shopped at our store!

I began to wonder how far purchases made at our store have wandered, and Claudia came up with this idea: Email us a picture of you, either wearing, holding, or standing near, something you bought at the Wandering Wardrobe.

We’ll have fun seeing how far everyone’s wardrobes have wandered, and you’ll receive an email containing a gift certificate from the Wandering Wardrobe.

1 comment:

maid2order said...

The red and black sweater are from Wandering Wardrobe. The photo is taken in Windhoek, Namibia. The Wandering Wardrobe clothes traveled perfectly and allowed me to mix and match. In fact, I would guess 80% of my clothes are from Wandering Wardrobe. Some of my Wandering Wardrobe clothes are now with needful people in Namibia.

I always find something to buy at the store. My daughters call a great day "hitting the motherload" when we find lots of somethings that look like they were waiting just for us.