Monday, November 24, 2008

Brownie Trifle

This blog isn't a recipe blog. I don't even cook, as a rule. Kenny cooks, and I eat. I do have two or three recipes that people really like, and I've pretty much shared them already.

I received two offers of marriage last year after I took my brownie trifle to a Christmas party. This holiday season, I've received no less than 14 separate emails and phone calls, asking for my "secret" brownie trifle recipe. It's a keeper, and I'm going to share it here.

You'll be really popular and will be invited to countless parties when you bring it.

Brownie Trifle:

1 brownie mix, prepared as directed.
2 boxes of chocolate mousse, prepared as directed.
1 pt. whipping cream, whipped (DON'T use cool whip, use the real stuff)
2 heath or score bars, crushed (you can use peppermint too, for more color)

Prepare brownies and mousse. Crumble brownies in the bottom of a really pretty trifle dish. Cover with a layer of chocolate mousse and crumbled score bars. Add a layer of whipping cream, and repeat layers. End with the whipping cream. On top, decorate with raspberries, strawberries, mint leaves, peppermint chips, or chocolate swirls, whatever you think is pretty.

Wait for the phone calls, emails, and marriage proposals.

6 comments:

Patricia said...

YUM!
I am so trying this recipe!
Happy Thanksgiving

Kenna said...

Take my mom's word for it, this recipe is delicious! Can you make this when I come home? :)

Patty said...

Yup, Kenna, no pumpkin pie for us. Alyx ordered brownie trifle.

Kenna said...

Oh yay! Happy day. Who likes pumpkin pie anyway?

dehaas5 said...

I've been looking for a delectable desset for our church's Christmas Tea and Dessert - this is perfect!

Thanks! Laurie

Patty said...

Hi Laurie! It really is good, and pretty too. Let me know how they like it!