Monday, March 16, 2009

This is a good day

I blogged a couple of weeks ago about my good friend Becky's project, "Operation Hooah", and sent a constant contact email to our customers. Neither had anything to do with consigning or selling used clothes, but everything to do with remembering good times with a good friend, and caring about her cause. I thought that I was in a position to get the word out, and that my friends and customers might want to help.

I received an email today from Aubree Bushman, the school counselor at Mt. Loafer School in Salem, Utah, regarding Operation Hooah:

"We're going to make about 30 care packages and have each class be in charge of writing letters to the service men and women. I plan on assembling the packages next week and then plan on taking them to the post office that weekend. I'll have my student council help out with getting each class to write a packet of letters and then I'm going to have some of my young women
help assemble the packages. We're using money from a service project we did at Mt. Loafer last year to pay for the packages".


This means 30 young men and women serving our country will receive packages from Salem, Utah. More importantly, 30 young men and women will know that people care, and appreciate the sacrifices they are making. It means young kids in Salem, Utah, are learning good things, and making a difference.



1 comment:

Kenna said...

That gave me goosebumps. Those high school kids should be proud! That is a good day.