Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

I'd like to thank you for supporting the Wandering Wardrobe in 2008. You have no idea how knowing you has made my life fuller. Comments like "This is my favorite store" and "I LOVE this store" have warmed my heart.

For all of you personally, my wishes for a healthy and satisfying year, with a good share of laughter and love.

Now for your New Year's Resolutions: I'm hoping your number one resolution is to clean your closet. I've been reading lots of "clean your closet" tips, and I'm going to paraphrase:

Take everything out of your closet and make 4 piles:

1. One for the stuff you love and want to keep;
2. One to throw away;
3. One to donate to charity;
4. One filled with those items, purchased within the last couple of years, in wonderful condition, that you won't wear or use again.

Take pile number 4 to the Wandering Wardrobe. And while you're there, replace the items in piles 2 through 4 with "new" clothing and decor from the Wandering Wardrobe.

Now I know all those sites don't say "the Wandering Wardrobe" specifically, but I can dream.


I've been a little under the weather the last few days, but I'll be back on Monday, doing a little re-organizing, changing things around, and getting lots of goodies out of the back room for your shopping pleasure. It'll be fun.

As for me, my New Year's Resolution is to re-organize my little home office. Actually, that's been my New Year's Resolution for about three years now. This year I'm really going to do it. Kenny has promised to paint the walls and help me get my mom's old desk out of storage. I'm picturing something like this wonderful home office at housetohome.co.uk.

See you after you clean your closet.



1 comment:

Kenna said...

Happy New Year to you! That's so funny, I'm actually going to start cleaning out my closet right now. I'll bring you pile #4. I love the office picture, that would look so great!!